Thursday, February 14, 2008

Super Immunity System Kid

Remember how I said that Trevor has an Immunity System of Steel. He did. But, now, he just has a cough. We took his temperature, and it was 100.4. He said, "Is that a good sign?" We told him it was a good sign. It meant his body was killing the virus that was making him cough so much. His poor little cheeks are pink, pink, pink as are his eyes. And, he's got a cough. Did I mention that cough? His nose is running, too.

He's pretty chipper considering the cough and the pink cheeks and eyes (not conjunctivitis pink eye, but colorful pink eyes). I mean, he could be a turd. But, he's not. He's slogging on. I adore him.

I just went up to check on him because I hadn't heard him cough for a while. I felt his head and rubbed his cheek and considered how I love him, when OOPS! I woke him up. He looked upset, but he was really just disoriented. I asked if he needed to go potty because we've had moments where he woke up with a full bladder and a full on freak-out. He said, "No, Thank you."

No, Thank You.

My child is polite when being woken in the middle of the night.

I think this means that we're doing something right.

No comments: