Saturday, December 01, 2007

Socks, the Cat

Although he loves her and thinks she is soooooooo cute, Trevor is a little scared of Socks, the cat. She's never bitten or scratched him, and she loves to sleep at the foot of his bed when he'll let her. But that doesn't stop him from snatching his hand away from her if she moves her head at all when he gets brave enough to pet her.

Socks loves me more than anyone in our house because I feed her. So, I thought to myself, "How can I give Trevor some responsibility around here and make him less afraid of Socks?" I decided to assign him the chore of feeding the cat her dry cat food.

He seemed distinctly disinterested in feeding her the wet cat food, and that's OK with me. I don't like to clean up cat food messes, so that wasn't part of the bargain.

But, yesterday, feeding her wet cat food was going to be easy because I was just going to have her eat it right out of the can rather than transferring it to the bowl. So, I asked Trevor to do it.

"No!" he tells me.

I explained how easy it would be since all he had to do was set the can on the ground.

"OK."

He took the can from me and took it to the bathroom where we feed her. He came running out, happy as can be.

"I did it! Even though that cat food really stinks!!"

No comments: