Monday, December 17, 2007

McCago

As in, replace the CHI in Chicago with Mc. McCago. Here I am in McCago, and it wasn't a completely unpleasant journey. It took all day because of weather and tower delays, but I made it about 6 hours later than originally planned. I finished 1 novel and started on a second. Nice.

Anyway, I miss my boys and the computer guy and my bed. It's good to see the local news in Chicago, though. That's the other think I'd been missing about Chicago. I'm watching local news right now because I have missed local Chicago news. I hope the Computer Guy remembers to feed Socks in my absence. Cleaning the litter box would be good, too.

Back to McCago....

Yesterday, I was packing my bag for my trip when Devin came in my room to see what I was up to. I had told the boys earlier in the day that I would be gone for a few days, but I don't think it registered. Packing my bag in front of Devin helped it register with him. I miss him, and I'm really going to miss him in about 2 hours which is about the time that he would come and get in bed with me. But, the nice thing about going away is the way he misses me. When he realized I was going away, he stuck out his bottom lip and said in a little voice, "but I'll miss you." Then he packed and repacked a little coin purse he found, and I think he packed a pine cone (Pine-uh cone). Someone unpacked it. Could have been the Computer Guy, though.

When they dropped me at the airport, Trevor told me several times that he didn't want me to go, then cried when I air kissed him good bye.

So, I miss them.

But, I like the way they miss me, and it sorta makes the leaving worth it. But, it's only Monday. It's going to be tougher on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday...

1 comment:

nita said...

ooo, the departure. i always dread/look forward to time away and usually start to miss my monkey and monkey husband before too long has passed. *lesigh* have a great time!