Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the Lovefest continued

Last night, Trevor sat next to me on the couch told me that he loved me and that he loved his daddy, insisted that I keep my arm around him, and told me how much he liked having my arm around him.

He was sweet and cuddly and darn-it if it wasn't the most precious thing in the entire world. I had heard about thus cuddly phase, and I do hope it persists for several years.

But, when my child is so sweet and cuddly, I don't expect tantrums. So, this morning, when he told me wanted to watch Higglytown Heroes and I told him no because we had to go, the ensuing tantrum baffled me completely. How can this child who adores the very couch that I sit on throw a tantrum in the morning when I'm at my grumpiest? How can that be possible? I don't get it.

I just don't get it.

No comments: