Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My little manipulator...

So tonight, we went to Max & Erma's for dinner. This restaurant has a nice little sundae bar. Trevor has a nice long memory. Near the end of his meal, he reminded me how good the ice cream was last time we were there. He could either tell me he wanted ice cream, or he could plant a little seed, and make it seem like it's my idea. He chooses to plant a seed. I think that's fascinating.

Last week, he tried to convince me that The Little Mermaid castle that he sees advertised on Nickelodean could be a boy toy or a girl toy. His reasoning is that Eric, Flounder and Sebastian are all boys. It's like he's already way ahead of me. If he would have asked for the Little Mermaid castle, I would have told him it was a girl toy. He always avoids the girl aisles at Target and the Toy Store. He has set the precedent that he's not into girl toys at all. So, he didn't ask me if he could have the Little Mermaid castle. He just planted the seed that the Little Mermaid castle could be a boy toy or a girl toy. You can decide for yourself:




But, I'm not convinved this one of those toys that could go either way. It looks like a girl toy to me.

(It's currently $37 online at toysrus.com. It IS a girl's toy, a pricey girl's toy!!)

No comments: