Monday, November 13, 2006

I am his favorite mommy in the whole wide world, but...

Trevor has been saying lately that I am his very favorite mommy in the whole world. In fact, it was the first thing he said to me Sunday Morning. The very most perfect start to any day. I told him that he was my very favorite Trevor in the whole wide world, and he told me that he was the only Trevor in the whole wide world. He named four of his friends, none of whom are named Trevor, as proof that he's the only Trevor in the whole wide world. Can't really argue with that...

He had also started (and has since stopped) telling me or Daddy to argue with the other in his defense. Last Monday, we were at the local mall and were about to go to one of the food courts. He did something that I told him not to do, so I didn't take him to the food court as he had planned. When I took him to the car, he said "I want dad! I want dad! I want Dad to argue with you!" Anyway, this thing where he asked me to argue with Daddy or Daddy to argue with me only lasted about a week. I have no idea where it came from, but I guess I'm glad it didn't last.

And, I decided to teach myself to knit. I bought really large needles because that's what the pattern on the skein indicated that I would need. The needles are plastic, and they do look like toys. Now, Devin prefers to take Mommy or Daddy elevator up and down the stairs. But, yesterday, he got my new knitting needles, took one in each hand, and slid down the basement stairs on his belly, giggling like a mad, mad baby all the way. He was very upset when I took away his weapons of mass self-destruction.

Devin can also mimic us better than ever, and we think he can get all the way to G in the Alphabet now. He loves Trevor, and does every single thing Trevor does. Trevor screeches, Devin screeches. (Oh, how I hate the sound of a child shrieking.) So many things...Trevor does it, and then Devin does it. One thing Trevor has stopped doing, though, is saying Die, Die, Die. I kept telling him it was ugly thing to say, and the message finally got through. Devin hasn't gotten the message, and he will still say it. Trevor screeches for him to stop because it's ugly. This makes Devin say Die, Die, Die even more. This usually happens in the car. It happened just yesterday. So, the moral here is that Devin will do whatever Trevor does and whatever Trevor tells him not to do.

Speaking of which, Trevor will tell Devin to stop engaging in any and all inappropriate activities. Apparently, playing with marshmallows is not appropriate as Devin was hitting two marshmallows together yesterday, and this just made Trevor crazy.

So, that's it for today. Marshmallows are on top of your blog casserole. Appropriate, given the season, I suppose...

No comments: