Sunday, October 08, 2006

Devin's Language Acquisition and Big Brother Angst

Devin is continuing to acquire language at a pretty good clip. For 2 or 3 weeks now, he's been saying "ready, set, go!" when he's racing cars, racing me, or just playing. Earlier today, we were playing peek-a-boo (fun for all ages!) and I was covering my face and saying "Where's Mommy?" He responded, "therooare." I think this might be his first sentence. I interepreted this sound to mean, "There You Are." And, he said it every time I asked, so it wasn't a fluke.

A few minutes ago, he was repeating everything I said (sorta) so I tried to teach him his ABCs. He got a far as C. Not bad.

Trevor continues to be a good big brother. If he hurt Devin everytime Devin hurt him, we would be an unhappy family, indeed. On our grocery trip from last week, Devin attempted to lay on Trevor as they rode in the front seat of the little fire truck. Trevor started sayin loudly, "I'M NOT A PILLOW! I'M NOT A PILLOW!" When Devin hits Trevor with his hands and uses another word he knows, "Bang!", Trevor yells, "I'M NOT A DRUM. I'M NOT A DRUM!" Trevor is just really good at using his words to tell Devin that he doesn't like what he's doing.

No comments: