Thursday, January 28, 2010

lies

So, I guess I probably know that all kids are not honest all the time. I guess. But, still. I'm surprised by Devin's lies. It seems new to me, but he's probably been dishonest about different things for awhile now.

Yesterday, he asked for piece of candy when he got home from school. I told him that he could have one. A few minutes later, he comes back and says, "I didn't have that candy yet!" And, I asked him what was on his mouth. And he said it was "just marker." And, I wiped it off and discovered it was chocolate.

He wanted a fruit rollup or something else he thought would be better than candy and realized the only way that was going to happen is if he didn't eat the candy he had eaten. So, he chose to lie about it.

And, that makes me very sad.

I put him in a time-out. And, he cried because he wanted a fruit rollup, then he finally apologized for the lie. But, I'm still sad about it. He tells a lie so easily.

No comments: