Monday, May 18, 2009

Surprises. Trevor likes them.

Here's what happens with kids. If you tell them something exciting is going to happen, they will not stop asking you about it until that exciting thing has arrived. So, smart parents just don't tell their kids about upcoming exciting events. It's a little sad, right? They don't get to experience the joy of anticipation. Poor children of smart parents.

So, Trevor and Devin are pretty excited about going to Memaw's and Papa's house in June. And, they asked recently when we would be going. I discussed it all calm like. And, then I told them how I sorta wish I hadn't told them about the trip, still very calm like.

Then, Trevor suggested (very calm like) that maybe I shouldn't tell him and his brother about upcoming exciting things...

No comments: