Saturday, March 07, 2009

Puppy update

Seems like the best way to get the puppy to calm down is to sit at the computer in the office. Puts him right to sleep...

Also, he's well on his way to being crate trained. At least, I think he is. I've never crate trained a dog, so it's hard to say. But, he sleeps in it at night until 5:30 or 6:00, and that's better than the alternatives that didn't work out very well the first 2 and half nights.

I think I'll be enrolling us in a puppy training class soon. I need it.

Socks is getting used to him, but she doesn't love him. I don't think she ever will. Her fur seems soft and luxurious compared to Boots'. And, she seems to be overweight now in comparison when I pick her up (when she lets me pick her up.)

I can't let Boots outside with Devin in charge. You would have thought I knew that. But, I thought he would keep hold of the leash. He didn't. But, the puppy just came to the front porch.

I registered him with the AKC today. His official name is Licky Boots if you want to keep track of him there. His mother's name is Shady Lane Queeny and his father's name is Rocket's Jake. He was born in Ohio, and I'm pretty sure he's Amish. Not necessarily a good thing for a puppy I've come to find out.

I really like him a lot.

In other updates, Bears' Lair cabernet is my favorite new cabernet.

No comments: