Saturday, September 01, 2007

OMG! That's so sweet!

The most precious thing ever arrived in the mail yesterday. It melted my heart and caused a big knot to form in my throat because it was the sweetest thing ever. Do you want to see it? Here it is:


With a bonus:


This is from Trevor's good friend from where we lived before we moved here. He's known her as long as he can remember, and she's known him since she was six months old when he was born. They are pretty good friends. And, just recently, I think his good friend suggested to her mom that she would like to have a play date with Trevor. And, she was upset when she was reminded we had moved far, far away.

Her good mom suggested that writing a letter might make her feel better, and two days later, my heart burst a little.

When I read the note to Trevor, he blushed. He seriously blushed. But, the letter made him feel very good. We immediately wrote a letter back to his friend. He dictated his letter to me. We haven't sent it, yet. He invites her over to a play date and on vacation with us. We're not sure that's going to go over so well with her parents. Before we started writing, he said with a sheepish little self-conscious grin that he wouldn't be saying any of that "I love you" stuff.

When did this happen? When did my soon to be 5 year old get shy around girls and and uncomfortable with love?

Ah, well. I stand beside my title. OMG! That's so sweet...

No comments: