Friday, July 13, 2007

The way he smells...

I love the way Devin smells. If I could bottle it to keep it forever, I certainly would not. Still, I love the way he smells.

When he wears his little sandals and his feet get sweaty and baby stinky, I like to stick them right to my nose and just breathe it in, big deep breaths. Maybe give them a little tickle. When his diaper is pee-pee wet and ready to be changed and his hair is crusty from a hard day of play, I like to stick my nose on his neck, give him kisses, and enjoy his unique Devin-in-the-summertime smell.

I've always heard people say that they love the way babies smell. I thought they meant the smell of the baby powder, lotion, and maybe even diaper cream. Maybe that is what they meant. Personally, I don't think I'd like having all those other things mask all the things I've described today. Because I really, really, really love the way he smells.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
I Think you just love you kid, everything about him. That smell is called a little boy smell and yes, it can smell very good, specialy since he is your very special little boy.
Love MOM