Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Favorite Subjects

Devin took a nap this evening. Daddy is out of town. So, dinner was just me and Trevor. It was nice. I asked him, "what is your favorite subject? Weather, Bugs, Dinosaurs, or Race cars?" He answered, "Transformers." (Cartoon Network has some Anime type version now OR Transformers was always anime, and I just didn't know anime when I was 7 or 12 or whatever age I was when I learned...TRANSFORMERS, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE...but I digress).

I told him that Transformers wasn't really a subject, so he decided Dinosaurs was his favorite subject. He listed his favorite three:
1. Tyrannosaurus Rex
2. Stegosaurus
3. Leolestes? That's not right. I'm pretty sure that's a little mammal. I'm sure that *I* have it wrong in my memory. Anyway, that third one hunts mammals. Let's pretend broccoli is mammals and the chicken nuggets are buildings...buildings you can eat. Argh, ROAR! Chew the chicken nuggets with a malevolent grin... (Trevor, Trevor, Trevor...dinosaurs didn't live in the age of buildings. THAT is an anachronism!)

I was surprised that Carnataurus was not in his top 3. Dinomack, his scary stuffed dinosaur is a Carnataurus. "Oh, yeah. He's in my second group of favorite dinosaurs."

(For the record, my favorite is Diplodocus. BECAUSE I think I can say it right.)

After dinner, Trevor wanted to watch TV. His first choice was...


...Transformers!

I said no. He'd watched enough Transformers today. He settled on a re-run of Mammals vs. Dinos. Three-quarters of the way through the show, he exclaimed, "What??" I asked what was wrong. "I was talking to myself. They said there was 3, They said there was 3, they said there was 3, they said there was 3." I have no idea what he was talking about, but he was excited. Even though he watched Mammals vs. Dinos just the day before, he seemed intrigued by this completely new, exciting and surprising news about the 3...

I need a punch line here, but I don't have one. So, good night!

No comments: