Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm sorry

Daddy took Devin and Trevor in this morning. It was hard. There was an accident that had traffic backed up, and it took him about an hour to get them to school. Oh, my.

About 30 minutes into the trip, Daddy called me to express his frustration. Devin had already taken off his shoes and socks and thrown them at Daddy. Plus, he was kicking Trevor in the face. I'm not sure HOW he did that since they were both buckled in, but I believe that it occurred.

I talked to the boys. I revved up my mommy guilt engine and told them to stop making Daddy crazy.

It must have worked. They got quiet when I was on the phone with them, and Daddy called me about 30 minutes later to tell me that when the finally got to work, Devin said, "I'm sorry I threw my shoes and socks at you, Daddy. I'm sorry I kicked you in the face, Trevor."

I wish this signified the turning of a corner, but I'm guessing it's just a progression. He's just a little more mature today than he was yesterday.

No comments: