Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Devin and colors

Devin doesn't know his colors. Everything is still blue. I think I've mentioned this before. I am trying, slowly but surely, to address this deficit of his. Every opportunity that comes up, I quiz him on his colors. A few minutes ago, he was looking at a picture, and he said, "pumpkin!" It was actually a flower, but it resembled a pumpkin. Anyway, I said, "Yeah...what color is it?"

"No ideas," he said kinda sadly.

I wasn't sure I had heard correctly. So, I pointed to another flower, a yellow one, and I asked what color that was.

Same response: "No ideas," he said a little sadly.

Where did this come from? His inflection is even just what it should be. He said it in a little Eeyore, hangdog voice.

Undeterred, I asked him what color his shirt was.

Undeterred, he looked at it, and exclaimed, "RACECAR!" Twice.

Well, his shirt is yellow. And, there is no racecar on it at all.

No comments: