Thursday, February 22, 2007

Deep.

On the way to school yesterday, in between talking about words that begin with P, Trevor talked about dying. He doesn't want to do it. Conversations like these make me want to hurry him along to adulthood so that I can quit explaining that he's not going to die anytime soon, and he can just understand what the risks really are without me having to do any of the talking. Because, on topics like this, I just talk myself in circles.

After a plaintive, "But I don't want to die!" this child asked me how he gets married and have babies.

I don't want to die, where do babies come from and words that begin with P. All of this before 8:00 A.M.

Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That boy is just to bright. I hope he is grown, or close to it before he loses anyone that he knows, much less someone that he loves. That has to be hard trying to explain he has a lot of years before he will die.
Love MOM