Sunday, January 21, 2007

John Dolphin

I like that Trevor consistently tells me he wants to be a monster truck driver when he grows up. I'm not sure that I really want him to be a monster truck driver. I just like his consistency.

I wonder what Devin wants to be when he grows up, so today, I asked him.

"Devin, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"ME!" he responded.

I like this answer, too. He wants to be himself when he grows up. That's just nice. I was pleased with the answer, and I think Trevor saw that.

So, to check his consistency, I asked Trevor, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A monster truck driver," he told me. "And somebody else."

Hmmm....

Devin wants to be himself, and Trevor wants to be somebody else. Interesting.

"Who do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked.

"Uh, John, uh, Dolphin!" (He was taking a bath at the time, and one of the toys was a dolphin.)

Ultimately, John Dolphin will be his show name. His truck may look like a dolphin. He will need a really big garage. He asked me to build the big garage for him, but he accepted that he will be able to build it himself once he's all grown up.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bonus Trevor Story#1
Trevor can recognize words. Daddy asked if he wanted to watch Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks earlier today. Trevor said he did, and so Daddy started scrolling through the Tivo menu. "Oh, there it is!" Trevor exclaimed. "Where?" Daddy asked. "Right there between those two Homers." (the Simpsons)

No comments: