Thursday, October 12, 2006

Delightful and Delighted

Trevor is delighting me today.

Snow was in the forecast today, and I had mentioned this to him yesterday. The first thing he asked this morning when he woke up was, "who is going to watch us while we play in the snow?"

Then, it was time to go to work. Since snow was in the forecast, and it was cold outside, Daddy put Trevor's winter coat on him. The coat and his carseat were not very compatible. Trevor was getting frustrated, and he wanted his coat off. He told us he was warm. He said, "I'm hot! My shirt is called a sweatshirt!"

We took his coat off.

Yesterday on the way home, I asked him to look at the beautiful trees in a forest preserve. Fall is actually lovely in this part of the world this year (although it did, in fact, snow today). Trevor exclaimed, "Oh, my! It's so nice!" I was pleased we could enjoy the beauty together. But, he continued, "the headlights are so AWESOME! And, the tail lights, there are so many of them, and they are so pretty!" He used all his big adjectives and lots of excitement to describe the beautiful lights of traffic he was seeing.

No comments: