Friday, September 01, 2006

Anxious to see me leave?

As I came downstairs this morning, Trevor said "Good-bye." I wasn't quite ready to leave, but I hugged and kissed him and told him Good-bye anyway. Then, he told Daddy to hug and kiss me good-bye. After hugs and kisses for Daddy, I told someone to say good-bye to Devin for me.

Then, I went to put on my make-up so that I could leave.

Trevor started yelling for Devin. "Devin, come and say good-bye to Mom!"

He ran down to the basement.

I heard sounds coming from Devin that indicated he was not happy.

I finished applying my make-up and ran down to the basement myself. Trevor was dragging an unhappy Devin across the floor, and I'm pretty sure he would have dragged him up the stairs so that Devin would say good-bye to me.

Well, by this time, Devin was in no mood to give ME hugs and kisses. He really just needed some TLC after that little experience with Trevor. So, I hugged, kissed, and soothed my littlest man, and then set him down. Trevor insisted again that Devin say good-bye to me. I assured him that we had said our good-byes, and all was well on the "Good-bye" front.

The moral of this story is that being a big brother is a lot of responsibility. But, being a little brother can be dangerous.

No comments: