Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Devin can sign!

For the past week, Devin has been touching the tips of his fingers together. It was an odd little movement, maybe a little obsessive-compulsive.

But, I had a lightbulb moment over the weekend. I was outside with my neighbor, and I asked her if this little sign meant anything. It means "more."

We had a meeting at daycare yesterday, and his teacher confirmed this is a sign they are teaching the kids. I'm not sure he's using it just right. He uses when he wants more of something (food, normally) but it's not he's just eaten. It could be that he ate 12 hours ago, and he wants to eat again.

Daycare has also taught him how to fake sneeze. He says AHHHHHH as he slowly tilts his head backwards, and then CHOOOOO as he throws his head forward.

Cute, Cute, Cute.

The following might be a bad parenting story:
Devin was playing with markers yesterday just before we left to go shopping. As I carried him out to the car, I noticed something hard in his diaper. I reached in and pulled out a marker cap. Later, as we waited for the Wal-mart oil change guy to get us set up so we could go into Wal-Mart (long wait, a story for another day) Devin cried, arched his back and said Pee-Pee several times. I finally got him out (good thing, that wait for the oil Change guy was over 30 minutes!) Once he was out of his car seat, his pee-pee stopped hurting him.

Fast Forward three hours...

Devin has had lunch, went to a daycare meeting, waited 30 minutes at Wal-Mart, shopped at Wal-Mart, taken a nap in the car that had extended to a nap in the house. It's time to change his diaper. Inside his diaper, I find 2 additional marker caps. They had finally lodged between his butt cheeks and didn't hurt so much any longer. But, still...

No comments: