Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pavlov's Toddlers

We went to a Valentine's day party at the daycare yesterday. After a bit, I was trying to get Trevor to settle down and play with his friends, and all of the other parents had left. It was just me, Daddy, the toddlers and the teachers.

So, I sat down in the chair where Ms. Kimmy sits to read books.

All of a surden, 3 little children (including Trevor) brought me books and said, "Here's Cookie, Read Cookie!"
"Here's my favorite book, read it, read it!"
"Mommy, read this one, read this one!"

Then, Ms. Kimmy said, "Gather around Children, Tricia wants to read some books!"

These children LOVE to have books read to them. An adult sitting in that chair makes them hungry for their favorite book. Although it was a little intimidating to have all of these children mobbing me and no control over them (I wasn't expecting it!) it was a pretty neat experience.

No comments: