Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Serious Potty Training

We are seriously on the road to potty training Trevor now. It's a milestone. It's a challenge. If one thing goes wrong, pee will end up all over me, Trevor and Devin. That's a given.

It's going to be fun.

Summary of Day One:
Trevor had 4 accidents in the morning, then went about 4 hours accident free. We went to a Halloween party at Trevor's daycare about 2:30, and with all the marching and trick or treating, he had an accident around 4, again in the car on the way home, and once at home. I've told him that Dora the Explorer, Thomas the Train, Spiderman, Mommy, Daddy, Leap, and Trevor all like dry pants. Now, when I ask him, "who likes dry pants?" he usually answers, "ME!" If I ask who likes wet pants, he'll answer, "not me." Not even Swiper the fox likes wet pants (he's a mildly evil character from Dora the Explorer, Trevor's current favorite show of all times.)

Today, after going potty first thing, I tried to put a pull up on him since he's going to daycare today. He wanted underwear. And, he wore them about 30 minutes with no accidents. I'm really proud of him. He may be ready for toilet training now. Last Friday at McDonald's, he asked Daddy to take him to the bathroom. He's never done that before!

No comments: