Friday, November 04, 2005

Fox News in the Morning

Trevor has been having some real issues with going places lately. He just wants to stay home and watch Dora the Explorer, or just stay home. He really seems very opposed to going to daycare. Yesterday, he had a meltdown, crying so much at the thought of going to daycare that he actually threw up a little.

At one point, he said, "I want to stay home and watch Fox News!"

The morning before, he told me he wanted to watch a movie, and I told him that "we only watch the news in the mornings."

He's 2 going on 3, but he sure is trying to figure out how to play his mommy! Everything worked out, finally. I asked him if he wanted to take some special cars with him, and I told him he would be able to play cars with Ayden and Patrick. His teacher told me that he's close with these little boys. He and Ayden were in the same infant room, and they were mischeivous together in the infant room, too.

On Potty Training, I think it's going pretty well. We've established a "Trevor Good Boy Jar" and I put pennies in the jar when he's good and take pennies when he's bad. Good is going potty without getting wet first, flushing the toilet, and washing his hands. Bad is stepping on Devin. When he gets to the first level on the Trevor Good Boy Jar, we'll get him a toy he's been wanting. Right now, he really wants a Rescue Helicopter he saw in Target a couple of days ago.

No comments: