Monday, October 03, 2005

Clementine

On Saturday, I was singing Clementine to Devin. It made Trevor sad. He pouted, cried a little bit, and he told me was sad. So, I stopped singing. Later that day, he was singing it himself, but he mixed it up a little singing,
Oh my darlin'
Everything's gonna be all right
Oh my darlin'
Everything's gonna be all right.

Then he somehow started singing about Devin to the tune of Clementine. I had not learned my lesson apparently, because I started singing the correct words to Clementine except that I substituted Devin's name for Clementine's. It went something like this:
Oh my darlin, oh my darlin, oh my darlin Devin James
You are lost and gone forever
Oh my darlin Devin James

Even though Devin was sitting in plain sight, Trevor was inconsolable at the thought of Devin being lost and gone forever...

No comments: