Thursday, December 03, 2009

Vaccinations

Just took Devin to the doctor. And, I love Devin's doctor. I don't want to marry him, but he's got a really great bedside manner, and a nice smile. I trust him.

But, he's a booger on the vaccinations. He looks at their vaccinations and starts out saying they don't need any. Oh, they need one. Oh, it looks like they need one more. Oh, just one more. Poor old Devin got THREE shots today.

And, it wouldn't have been so bad, but he had the knowledge about the three shots for about 20 minutes, and my powers to distract failed about 15 minutes into the wait. (OK, the truth is I got distracted myself and stopped trying.)

So, he yowled and he howled and also, the nurse was slow. I saw a nurse give 4 shots to baby Trevor in about 2 seconds. I take that back. I didn't see it. She was too quick for me. She had real, live superpowers. But, our nurse today, also a wonderful nurse with a comforting demeanor, was really slow. So, Devin yowled and howled for about a WHOLE MINUTE! And, I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry. He usually winces and says ow! at shots.

But, he's back at school now. The bag of chips at the end made it all better.

He read his first book today. MAT. I'm hoping he brings it home tonight so he can read it to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that he had to have 3 shots. Poor baby, tell him I would give him some big big hugs if he was here. By the way i love the daily reports of the sayings and goings on at your home. Just really love it.
MOM