Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What was it he said?

It was something like this...

"Dad, when I woke up this morning, I thought that I just don't like days like this at all." He sounded old and tired of this world. It was foggy, cold and damp outside, so I felt certain that he was referring to the weather and the way it made him feel.

Turns out, I was wrong.

He's going to a different school tomorrow and Friday because his school is closed for parent teacher conferences and an inservice day. He didn't like today because it's not tomorrow or Friday.

But, today was a good day at school. At his school, one of the things they teach is grace (isn't that cool?) To that end, I've been packing a placemat, cloth napkin, spoon and fork in his lunchbox every day. Also, to that end, the school set up a "high table" with a white table cloth, cloth napkins, and a floral centerpiece. Trevor was SO excited yesterday because he received an invitation to sit at the high table at lunchtime. I'm not sure exactly how it went because he shuts down if I ask too many questions or seek clarification on certain points, but he got a flower, and he remained happy about his time at the high table.

His other school may be more fun, but he normally likes his current school. Right now, he's working on putting tiles with numbers 1 to 100 in order on a board in order. He's up to 62. He's been working on it for 2 days, and today he started working on it with a friend.

Some days, he just seems wise.

I really don't worry too much about his future. I'm pretty sure it's going to be bright.

No comments: