Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We Won! We won!

I will post pictures later, but I wanted to get the word out. We won, we won! We won fifth place in group of maybe 10, but we won, and that's exciting, yes, yes, yes.

I made the boys' Halloween costumes this year. I'm not sure what got into me. It cost more than buying something at the store, and it's not like I really had a bunch of extra time laying around, but still, I did it. I made their costumes. Mom, you'll be proud to know that I didn't even shy away from installing the zippers. My first zippers. I'm so proud!

Trevor was a Green Spino-saurus with flames on his Spino spine. Devin was really a red dragon with black spikes, but we're calling him a Carnotaurus.

We walked in a big huge parade of Costumed Children and their proud parents in the downtown area. We paraded for at least 5 blocks, and when we got to the end, the boys paraded past a group of judges. Devin was waving at this point. I think he was waving all on his own, but we pointed out the judges so that Devin could wave in their direction. This seemed all right for Trevor, so he waved in their direction, too.

I don't know if it was the waving that led them to win fifth place, or if it was the waving that prevented them from winning first place. It's hard to tell. But, we won, we won!

I'm in a bit of a pickle now, though.

Tonight was a Halloween parade, but tomorrow is Halloween. And, Devin got his fragile costume with its 2 pound, 3 foot long tail stinky dirty because even though he tells me that he will be potty trained "in a few minutes," he isn't potty trained, yet.

I guess I need to figure out what to do with that...

No comments: