Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Trevor's got a girlfriend

I'm used to living in a big anonymous place. I grew up in a tiny and completely non anonymous place, so I can't say I ever really liked the fact that whenever we went out, we rarely saw people we knew.

So, I was delighted one day last week when we went out for dinner. As we waited to be seated, a little girl skipped by and said, "Hi Trevor, Hi Devin!" So, they know more people than we do here. That's OK. We're meeting people, too. We asked Trevor what her name was. His answer, "I don't know." We explained that it would be good to get to know his friend's names at school.

Later in the car, Trevor mentioned that he has a girlfriend now. When we asked her name, he said, "I don't know. I haven't asked her yet."

We don't know if the skipping girl and his new girlfriend are the same person. But, he has started to get to know his friends. The next day, he told his girlfriend's name is Kiera (or something along those lines.)

No comments: