Friday, January 26, 2007

Kids really do say the darndest things...

Like darn it. I suppose it's a heck of a lot better than dammy-it, but I have officially taught Devin how to say darn it. I can't remember what was frustrating me, but it was something, so I said darn it, and this morning Devin spent five minutes growling darn it at me.

Darn it.

But, that's not the real story here.

A few days ago, I was driving Trevor home from somewhere, and I noticed an "It's a Boy!" sign in a yard. I thought to myself what Trevor would think about having another sibling. Then, I wondered what he's missing out on by not having any sisters. So, I asked, "Trevor, do you think you would like to have a sister ever?"

He responded that he would like a sister. This surprised me. Half of the time, I think he would send Devin away if he could. Another sibling and a girl at that? That he would even entertain the thought was surprising. So was what he said next.

"I'd like a boy sister."

(By the way...two and out. No more babies, thank you very much.)

No comments: