Sunday, September 24, 2006

Corn Maze

For some reason that I will never understand, I've always wanted to explore a corn maze. I don't recall any corn mazes around my house growing up, so that wasn't it. I don't know. I've just always been intrigued.

We found a corn maze, today. It was free. It was muddy. It was claustrophobic.

Trevor led the way most of the time, and then Daddy finally led us out the way we came. After about 3 minutes and after walking through the thick, sticky mud, I wanted out. But, since it was something I'd always wanted to do, I stuck it out. But, if I could do it over it again, I'm not so sure I would.

In the end, Trevor had a good time. He would run out in front and tell us that he wanted to lead the way. At one point, I saw the barn, and I was so relieved. I was holding Devin, and I exclaimed, "I see the barn." Devin will be two in about three weeks, so it should have come as no surprise that he also exclaimed, "See Barn! See Barn! See Barn!"

I guess in the end, it was a heck of a good time for the price of 2 little pumpkins and three gourds. Plus a quarter to feed a goat.

No comments: