Monday, July 31, 2006

I don't want to go to sleep, I don't want to go to sleep, I don't, I don, I....

I was putting Devin to sleep for his nap today. Daddy had come home for lunch to help deliver my birthday present, and I started trying to get him to sleep just as Daddy started to leave to go back to work.

As he walked out the door, Devin started yelling, Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada in an effort to stay awake. He yelled for awhile, and then, he stated yelling for Trevor...Tata, Tata, Tata!

It was like anyone would do, as long as he could yell their name and stay awake.

Then, he went to sleep.

I may have learned something today. I was singing to him, the standard Bye-O, Bye-O to the tune of Silent Night. To mix it up a bit, I sang the words to Silent Night. He was nodding off until I started singing the words. I went back to Bye-O, Bye-O, and then he was able to get to sleep pretty quickly.

So, what I think I learned...words bad. Bye-O, Bye-0 good.

No comments: