Sunday, January 08, 2006

Condor Career

I like to ask Trevor what he wants to be when he grows up. Daddy knew he wanted to be a computer guy when he was about 2, but I still don't know exactly what I want to do when I grow up. So, I think it only makes sense to start talking about career now.

Honestly, I think that both of my children will be engineers. But, nothing is set in stone yet. Devin may be a baseball player. He seems very athletic, and he seems to think walking is great fun, now that he has it mostly figured out. (Yep, I understand how naive I'm being. But, I still think they'll be engineers).

I try to steer Trevor into a stable career during these toddler-mommy talks. When he says he wants to be a race car driver, I add doctor at the end. All of the excitement of traveling the country, none of the wrecks. Plus, he'll be a doctor. He might also be a race car seat designer; a safety engineer, if you will. But, lately, he really just wants to be a giant condor so that he can give Diego (from Go, Diego, Go) a ride on his back.

No comments: