Thursday, December 22, 2005

Devin's Language Acqusition Progress

OK, to recap, Devin's first word was Yay, Yay, and it normally accompanied by clapping. About the same time, he started saying Uh-Oh.

He does not say Yay, Yay any more. He'll clap sometimes, though.

He still says uh-oh.

In the past week, he has added:
Mama
Dada (also DA!!)
Bye-Bye (which is accompanied with a wave of the hand.)

He's always made these noises, but they were babbling. Now, he seems to be calling me Mama, and calling Daddy Dada (or DA!!) and saying Bye-Bye when he leaves, or when I'm leaving him.

Did I mention that Devin's big claim to fame is that he gets cuter every day? Every minute probably. I suppose I'm partial. He woke up with a HUGE booger on his forehead, and I couldn't help but think it was the cutest thing ever.

No comments: