Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Merlin

I went Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews on Monday. For Austin, I found a Merlin game. It's smaller and less likely than the original to be used as a deadly weapon, but it certainly brings on the nostalgia.

One thing I really like about the toys of today is that batteries are usually included. Not only does this let you try the electric toys in the store, I'm sure it also drives toy story and toy aisle workers completely batty.

Anyway, this Merlin came with batteries, and even though it's still in it's package, Trevor plays with it whenever he can. I'm thinking I'll have to get him his own Merlin for Christmas. He likes to turn it on and push the buttons. When he turns it on, the little machine says "I AM MERLIN, SELECT GAME." When he pushes the number buttons, it says, "SELECT GAME. SELECT GAME. SELECT GAME."

Yesterday, Trevor said, "My favorite is Select Game!" Not the Magic Box game, not the tic tac toe game, not the echo game. The select game. That's Trevor's favorite.

No comments: