Friday, September 09, 2005

Of course you can

"Can I have a drink of your milk?" I ask.

"Of course you can," Trevor responds. He's all grown up...

We went to dinner last night, and we had talked about going to Target after to get Trevor a new car. We decided it was just too late, so we went home instead. On the way home, he was pretty upset. We kept saying that he might be able to get that car tomorrow, and he would say, "But, I want a new car!" Finally, he said, "I want Granma and Granpa!" This really happened. Not making it up for the relatives in far away places. Then I asked if Memaw and Papa would work since they're coming for a visit soon. He said they would work. But, then he said he didn't want Granma and Granpa and Memaw and Papa to come to his house for a visit. Then, the conversation turned back to riding on little birds, and how it hurts them so it's not a very good idea. Ostriches and Emu were OK to ride on. Ducks, maybe...

Then, the car was forgotten.

I haven't talked to his dad, yet today though. I'm betting he ended up getting that new car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet he's on to Granma's secret stash of cars! It's good to be remembered - make that great to be remembered!